NERC is searching for environmental science’s bright lights for this year’s Environment YES (Young Entrepreneurs Scheme).
- Last year’s winners and runners-up were both teams from Newcastle University.
- Can you match their entrepreneurial talent and win your team a £1000 prize?
Competitors from last year are giving a briefing session at 12pm on 24th May. Please book a place here.
- Environment YES is open to both postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers working in the environmental sciences’ area.
- Teams devise a business plan based on a hypothetical science project and have to sell their idea to a panel of investors.
- The competition is free to enter. Further information is available at www.environmentyes.com
For all you budding entrepreneurs out there – there’s only just over a week left to enter Enterprise Challenge 2010! The deadline for all submissions is 4pm on Friday 19th March. Just pitch your business idea to us or submit your business plan online and you could win a share of £7,500!
Enterprise Challenge is open to all Newcastle University undergraduates, postgraduates and recent graduates and gives you a unique opportunity to develop your skills and get essential advice and support from industry experts.
Business plans will be short-listed and judged by a panel made up of sponsors, university staff and external partners. There are two additional awards also up for grabs – the Best Pitch Award and the Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award (Student/Graduate and Staff).
Winners will be announced at a fabulous black-tie awards ceremony on Thursday 13th May 2010 at Newcastle Civic Centre.
For more information, go to http://www.ncl.ac.uk/careers/riseup/challenge