The good people at S2DS have been in touch to update us on the S2DS programme for 2015 – see below!
Skilled data scientists are in great demand on the European job market currently and PhDs with analytical backgrounds make excellent data scientists.
This five week workshop trains analytical PhDs and scientists in the commercial tools and techniques needed to be hired into data science roles. The aim of the workshop is to create a pipeline of high quality, commercial data science talent.
Based on this success, we are now running S2DS for a second year, in a similar but improved format. The main purpose of the event is to create an easy transition for analytical PhDs into Data Science roles in the UK. The minimum requirements are:
- PhD in an analytical science
- Intermediate programming experience in one of Python, R, Java or similar
- Documented experience in use of mathematical and statistical methods
- Strong desire to change careers into a Data Science role
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speaking
- Ability to attend the full five weeks of the workshop
The programme, which is largely free, starts 3 August in London, and the application deadline is 6 April. Further information can be found on www.s2ds.org.