The Newcastle University Business School Career Development Week take place next Monday 27 – Thursday 30 October in NUBS.
One particular event which may be relevant for Linguists is the Civil Service presentation entitled ‘Government Communications: Challenges of Building a modern Civil Service’ which takes place on Tuesday 28th October:
Time: 13.30 – 14.30 Venue: Partners Room (8.10), Business School
Alex Aiken, the Executive Director of Government Communications, UK Government will be presenting on:
- Role of the Civil Service
- Challenges facing the UK
- Changes we’ve seen over the past four years
- Civil Service Reform programme (with a particular focus on communications)
- Current policy/media issues
- Background to role of the Executive Director of Government Communications
- Ways of working for the Civil Service, including the Fast Stream
To book your place, please contact the Newcastle Business School.
Alex Aiken is the Executive Director of Government Communications. Based in Downing Street and…
View original post 123 more words