This five week workshop aims to train analytical PhDs and scientists in the skills they need to find jobs in the data science/analytics sector. It will provide an introduction to industry tools and techniques, and allow participants to work with industry professionals in real-life projects supplied by the sponsor companies. The goal is to see all participants in data science employment soon after the end of the programme.
Who can apply?
The following minimum criteria will be required for interested applicants:
- PhD in an analytical science;
- Some programming experience
(experience with at least one of Python, C/C++, R, IDL, Java or similar);
- Documented experience in use of mathematical and statistical methods;
- Strong desire to change careers into a Data Science role;
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speaking;
- Ability to attend the full five weeks of the workshop.
What is the cost?
Applicants will be expected to pay a £360 registration fee and to cover their own travel expenses, but will then get tuition and University accommodation free.
How to apply?
To find out more and to apply online, visit www.s2ds.org. The deadline for applications is 31 March 2014.