Vitae have been in touch to tell us about their leadership development programme, aimed at early and mid-career researchers. There’s an ‘early bird’ discount if you book before 31st January. See below!
Leadership in Action
Explore and develop your leadership potential in 3 days
Audience: Early and mid-career researchers
Date: 4-7 March 2014
Every organisation needs great leadership. Dynamic and purposeful leaders can literally change the world. In academia the very best leaders are self-aware, skilful communicators with excellent people skills.
Vitae’s most popular programme since its launch in 2009, Leadership in Action is a three-day course designed to develop leadership skills in researchers. The course focusses on identifying and honing your own personal leadership style. It will bring leadership to all aspects of your personal and professional life.
Whether you are following an academic career path, working in commercial research or considering your career options, you will:
- understand a range of leadership styles
- work with a team of proven leaders from a range of careers
- develop as an effective leader of people and teams
- use strengths and achievements to create success
- build confidence in leadership abilities in a range of situations
- gain advantage in highly competitive employment situations
All in a safe, supportive environment
“I found the course extremely helpful in reflecting on my leadership ability. When I arrived I felt like someone who was often ‘thrown into’ leadership roles. I left feeling that I was a leader.”
– Leadership in Action participant, 2011
- 96% of attendees say they would recommend the course to others.
- Oversubscribed for three years in a row
- 92% said the course met its stated objectives