Newcastle University | Newcastle upon Tyne | £13.67 per hour
iridium is a collaboration between Research & Enterprise Services, the Digital Institute, Information Systems and Services, the Library and MEDEV, SMSED. It is funded by the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) under the second phase of their Managing Research Data programme.
We are looking for 2 postgraduate students from the Faculty of Medical Sciences to join the support team for iridium, a project which aims to produce a complete holistic plan and infrastructure for research data management at Newcastle University.
What you get:
– A part-time job that will enhance your CV;
– Up to 6 hours work per week at a rate of £13.67 per hour (inclusive of £1.47 per hour accrual of holiday pay) until 31st March 2013;
– Access to a project office with IT facilities;
– The opportunity to play a real role in a real project – the support team will not be limited to routine or menial tasks;
– The opportunity to work with staff from across the University.
Closing Date: 19/03/2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Person Requirements: – Faculty of Medical Sciences postgraduates (or those with close interdisciplinary collaboration) who expect to be at the University until 2013;
– Availability to work for 2 hours per week during normal office hours at a time scheduled to suit you;
– People who are resourceful, enthusiastic and motivated;
– Excellent communication skills with a good standard of written English;
– IT literacy with proficiency in MS Office.
How to Apply: We need your CV and a covering letter that tells us why you want the job, why you think you’d be good at it and how you think that you fulfil the success factors given in the job description. Please discuss this application with your postgraduate studies supervisor to confirm that it will not negatively impact your degree.
To submit your application, please send it to Lindsay Wood at email@example.com no later than 0900 on Monday 19 March 2012.