So you want to be in…medical communications
8 March 2012, 10:30-15:00, Manchester
Audience: Postgraduate researchers and research staff
The Vitae NW Hub and MedComms Networking is delighted to host this careers event in Manchester. It is free to attend for everyone, though primarily intended for postgraduate researchers and research staff from the biomedical sciences. We will explain how areas of the UK such as Oxfordshire, London and Cheshire are home to numerous leading medical communications (MedComms) agencies that serve the global pharmaceutical industry…and they’re crying out for good staff! These agencies are looking for individuals with:
- a genuine enthusiasm for science and its application to the world of medicine
- the ability to work independently within a small-team environment
- to meet with a number of MedComms professionals
- to learn more about careers in the MedComms industry including medical writing and account management
- to network with other researchers from across the North West and beyond
More information on the Vitae website including details on how to book a place.
10.30 Registration and coffee
11.15 Welcome and Introduction by Peter Llewellyn, NetworkPharma and presentations by:
· Darwin Healthcare Communications The agency perspective; what we do, how we do it, what we look for in a new staff, and the training and career opportunities ahead.
· Ryan Woodrow, Freelance Medical Communications Consultant Been there, done it, got the tee-shirt. Life in MedComms.
· Carys Mills, Carys Mills Recruitment Tricks and tips for gaining that elusive first job.
13.00 Lunch and informal discussion with senior staff from additional leading medical communications agencies. We expect 10-12 agencies to participate so there will be lots of useful people from MedComms to meet. Agencies signed up so far; Darwin Healthcare Communications, Medicus International, PAREXEL MedCom and Watermeadow Medical – more names TBC.
London on 13 July 2012 – If you can’t make this one, the event will be held at the Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL – further details
MedComms Networking have a growing list of resources including videos and an up-to-date careers guide to download, as well as details of all past and upcoming events.